Friday, April 10, 2009

Life Lesson #1

When we first decided to begin the renovation I had told my wife that my knowledge of construction was limited. I only knew what I had seen my father did but never applied it. We called some contractors to give us a quote. The first one asked us for a floor plan. I guess that would have been the first place to start. So we called up an architect to draw up some plans. We discussed what we wanted and the architect came back with ideas that would be better to sell the house. Big master bed room and lots of closets. After the third time he finally drew up what we wanted.

What I had learned is that it is better to included everything on the floor plan. Where the switches are located, wall sconces, under cabinet lighting, all the details. That way the contractors can give you a more accurate bid and not be able to throw in any extras.

No comments:

Post a Comment